Monday, June 29, 2009

Spawn of Newton

In the late 1970s, as the chunky kid sister of eleven older sibs, I was nicknamed, appropriately enough, after a character from a cookie commercial.

The Big Fig Newton.

The name sticks to this day, and though I have never actually seen the commercial (or the actual character), I've come to embrace the moniker.

What can I say? I've always loved to eat. So, why not.

But this blog isn't really about me. It's about the fact that the Big Fig Newton grew up, left the pack(age), met one hot, musical, male cookie, and reproduced. Twice.

(And believe me, twice was PLENTY.)

So, here are a few stories about my kids and my life and the overwhelming chaos that generally occurs at the nexus of the two.

I hope you enjoy.

And if you don't, write Nabisco, not me.

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to read more, Nichole! The gems I've read on your facebook profile have sufficiently whetted my appetite! I look forward to more entries.

    - Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the origins of the name of your blog. I was curious...
    ~Melanie, www.BrainBonanza.com

    ReplyDelete